We are thrilled to announce that Inkspot Crow Films is hiring! After much reflection on our company’s growth in the Northeast and with a hopeful eye to the future, we’ve decided to expand our small team of wedding filmmakers. We are hiring a New England-based videographer who will be the lead shooter and editor at Inkspot Crow weddings throughout the region- a job which is incredibly fun, creative, and flexible. Read more about us HERE.
As the face of Inkspot Crow Films, the applicant must be outgoing and enthusiastic with a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills. In addition to shooting and editing prowess, the ability to juggle both the creative and organizational side of your brain is crucial, as the lead videographer’s role includes pre-planning with a timeline, getting to know the couple via FaceTime meeting before the wedding, and managing the team’s roles on the wedding day. Demonstrated ability to act diplomatically on the job is important.
The applicant will be scheduled for work up to a year in advance and be available to travel to regional weddings approximately 15-20 weekends each year. Editing schedule and location is flexible, with an established deadline months in advance. A few more specifics, below:
- The ability to book, train and manage a consistent assistant shooter (can be spouse, partner or colleague)
- Knowledge of and experience with DSLR video
- Knowledge of and experience with recording field audio
- Knowledge of and experience with non-linear editing software
- Knowledge of and experience with handheld camera stabilizers
- Professional demeanor + dress
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, diplomatic
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated learner and independent problem solver
Competitive Candidates (all of the above qualifications plus):
- Experience shooting weddings (photo or videographer)
- Experience editing wedding films
- Lead shooter in an established team
- Experience using Adobe Premiere
- Experience with After Effects (minimal knowledge e.g. simple title animation)
- Understanding of musical structure and has a broad musical pallet
- Excited about the work we’re creating at Inkspot Crow and are enthusiastic about joining our team
- Ideally based in Boston-metro area, but candidates within 150 miles will be considered.
- Will be using our equipment for shooting and audio (DSLR and Canon C100)
- Has reliable transportation
- Has capable computer for editing (we will provide hard drives)
- Weekend availability (including some Fridays)
- Able to commit to scheduled work up to 1 year in advance
- Part-time position
- Compensation: expectations for this job are extremely high and our compensation reflects that.
- Start Date: early spring 2017 (or sooner based on availability and bookings)
To apply: Complete THIS form no later than noon on Friday, May 27, 2016.
Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you!